Thursday, 23 November 2017

7 Tips on How To Be More Productive

I've been thinking about writing this post for a while now and since I'm having one of those productive days where I've managed to tick almost everything off my list, I thought, why not!? It's time for me to share my tips on how to be more productive.


We all have those days where we know very well that we need to get things done but actually doing them is another thing altogether.  I mean, one day is fine, right?  But a whole week or more is just not on.  It's time to get yourself up and running again and pull yourself together.  

Here's what you should be doing instead of procrastinating because trust me you'll feel so much better for it too.  It's hard at first, but once you get yourself into a routine, it'll come naturally.

Go To Bed Early

How many times have you woken up telling yourself you'll go to bed earlier next time?   I have!  Plenty of times.  This isn't an easy one to do.  Trust me, I know!  With our mobile phones by our side twenty four seven including at bed time, it's hard to let go.  I'm sure you're all too familiar with getting into bed, feeling tired, only to be awake 2 hours later still stuck in the same position scrolling through your phone looking at nothing in particular.  Just passing the time!  That time could have been used to sleep.  Your body needs a break and it's so important to allow yourself enough time to re-energise and be well rested.  If you don't, then you'll wake up feeling sluggish, tired and moody.  You won't feel like doing anything and the lack of sleep will make it very difficult for you to concentrate throughout the day.  Sleep is super important and a good 8 hours is essential.


Wake Up Early  

Start the day early and you'll get more done.  It's true!  I find that whenever I'm up early, I can complete most of my daily tasks before lunch time which leaves me with more free time during the afternoon and my evenings to myself.  On the days where I'm up late, I always feel like I'm trying so hard to catch and never really do.  The thought of everyone else  being way ahead in their day doesn't make it any better either.  Everything else is late as well and the day is always almost over before I've got anything done.  I don't get any time to myself because I'm usually running around trying to catch up so leave your lie ins for the weekend.  They don't say 'the early bird catches the worm' for nothing, do they?

Eat Breakfast

Breakfast is the most important meal of the day.  I'm sure you've all heard that one before!  Start the day with a good healthy breakfast and you'll be ready for anything.  Feeling hungry along with your tummy rumbling isn't a good sign for things to come.  Instead of concentrating on the job, your mind will be on food and let's be honest here, when you can't stop thinking about food, there's only one way to put an end to it.  Eat!  So give yourself a head start instead of struggling through the day on an empty stomach.


Make A List

Now, there are two types of people in the world. Ones that make a list and ones that don't.  I for one, am from the one's that make a list category.  I love a good list.  The great thing about having a list is being able to see clearly the tasks that need to be completed and even better, the tick once you've done it.   It also frees up your mind from all the things that you're trying to remember, which 99% of the time you end up forgetting because there's just too much going on up there.

Plan Ahead

It's a good idea to plan ahead, that way you know what's going on and what you need to do.  Doing this also helps you to be more organised and be prepared.  And although you can't always plan for the unexpected, you can at least be rest assured that with your plan already in place, things will be easier to shift around and make way for last minute changes.

Take A Break

This is the last thing you'd expect to hear when I'm talking about how to be productive!  But it's also another very important part of actually being productive.  Everyone needs a break now and again to re-energise and get back on track.  You can't possibly work non-stop otherwise you'll burn out.  To keep your mind fresh, take mini breaks throughout the day.  Everyone has a bit of a dip at some time during the day and so it's important to listen to your body.  Even if it's just 5 minutes, you'll see the difference once you get back.


Leave Your Phone Alone

This one's another difficult one, but it has to be done.  If you want to get anything ticked off your list then the phone needs to go.  There's some great advantages of having a phone on hand and not just for a quick phone call.  These days they're pretty much a mini computer at your fingertips and with all the social media accounts you have, Instagram and snapchat to name a few, it doesn't take much work to get distracted.  What starts off as 'just a quick check' turns into a 2 hour marathon.  Focusing on the important stuff becomes a distant memory.  So leave your phone for break time. 

Just making a few small changes in your daily routine will help you become more productive.  They're really not at all difficult to do if you put your mind to it.  It's just breaking the habit that's the difficult part.  When you're so used to doing things a certain way then change doesn't come easy.  But once you do, it becomes second nature.  The benefits to making just a few tweaks in your life are huge.  

I hope you found this post helpful, and if you did, then feel free to share and leave your tips on how to be more productive in the comments below.  I'd love to know.

Images from H&M Home





  
SHARE:

1 comment

  1. I've never been an early riser I'm always been the exact opposite, but I think I would like to try getting up early and see how making that change effects my productivity!

    Julia // The Sunday Mode

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments. Love, love, love reading them! :)

© Love Hijab Girl

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig