Monday, 27 November 2017

10 Tricks To Avoid Bloggers Block

The other day, I was thinking about blogging, again. It seems to be the only thing on my mind at the moment.  Considering I was having a little slump in my blogging journey, I've done well to get back on track.


It's not easy going through the blogger's block and although it's possible to get out of it, who wants to be in it in the first place?  Not me! and I'm sure you don't either.  It's one thing every blogger fears.  It's our worst nightmare!  There's definitely ways you can beat it but the quicker it's over the better.  So what can you do to avoid it altogether?

Well, let me tell you.

Make A List

I'm always telling you to make lists and not just because I love them!  But because they're useful, that's why.  And so here I am telling you again to make a list of blog post ideas either in a notebook or in your phone.  Inspiration comes at any time so jot any ideas you have before you forget them.  When it's time to start working on your blog you'll have plenty of ideas to choose from.

Read

Reading is so important and since homeschooling K, I've seen for myself how much of an impact reading has had in her writing and creative thinking.  So as a blogger, read other blogs you enjoy regularly.  You'll always come away feeling inspired and often will have plenty of fresh ideas to add to your list.

Twitter Chats

The blogging community is huge and a very supportive one too.  So it's always a great idea to join in Twitter chats when possible.  You get a chance to connect with some amazing bloggers.  Some new and some with years of experience that you can take fantastic advice from and learn new things too.  I've found that whenever I join in the chats, I always feel like I've come away feeling like I can push my blog further and keep working on it to create content that is useful for my readers.

Balance

As with everything, balancing your work, social, blogging and free time is super important.  If you give one more time than the others then eventually it will all fall apart.  So balance is key.  When it comes to blogging, don't over work yourself and definitely don't put so much pressure on yourself either.  You'll just burn out.  You know yourself better than anyone else so do what works for you.  Write just enough that you can manage, so keep blogging because the more you write the better you'll become and with that more ideas will come to you too.  So once the cycle starts don't stop.

Take A Break

I know I just told you not to stop but I meant that in a good way.  A no pressure zone way.  That's why it's ok to take a break.  If you need it to re-energise then that's fine.  If you need it because you just want to take a little time out, do it!  We're not robots, we're human!  Everyone needs some time away for a bit and once you're back you'll be ready to get back on track with your blogging journey.

Schedule

This time I'm not talking about scheduling your tweets.  I'm talking your blog schedule.  Don't make a schedule you can't stick to.  Blogging everyday might be fine for some bloggers but it might not be for you.  Remember to take into consideration any other responsibilities you have, because blogging can take up a lot of time.  So be realistic and decide when you'll be blogging so that it works well with your life.

Be Yourself

I can't tell you how important this is.  Just be yourself.  Let your personality shine in your writing and write as if you're talking to a friend.  Your readers will love you for it and not only that but you'll be able to write better too.  Don't fake it and try to be something you're not because it's not going to last and you'll soon reach a dead end.  How many posts are you honestly going to be able to write passionately and with a genuine tone if you're pretending to be something you're not?  A good post is written from the heart and filled with your own thoughts.

Don't Compare

In a world where social media statuses are ranked by the number of followers you have it's difficult to stop comparing yourself to other bloggers.  Page views, DA's and the number of brands you've worked with are just some of the things that can cloud your blogging vision.  Remember why you started blogging and keep doing it your way.  It's your blog, not an extension of someone else's so forget about everyone else and give the blogging world a piece of your mind.

Stop Being So Critical

Stop it!  There's nothing wrong with your blog!  Yes there's always room for improvement and even the biggest bloggers make changes to their platform from time to time.  No-one's perfect!  And you don't have be either.  You are your own worst critic and sometimes it's a good thing but if it comes in the way of allowing yourself to progress then it's very unhealthy.  Take a step back and just let yourself go.  If you don't like something, change it so that you do like it and so that it works for you and your readers.  Turn it into a positive.

Enjoy

Finally, enjoy it!  If you enjoy blogging then you'll continue to create great content for your readers.  It's like that saying, 'If you do what you love, then you'll love what you do'.  There's really no other way to say it.  You may have a little dip from time to time but as long as you get back then it's fine.  But the minute you stop enjoying the feeling of hitting that publish button and it starts feeling more like a chore, then it's time to rethink your blogging journey.


Blogging isn't easy and it really does take a lot of time and effort.  But at the same time it's so rewarding too.  As with many things there comes a time where you're just feeling a little uninspired and so you just can't think of anything worth writing about.  So I hope my 10 tricks to avoid bloggers block will help you to avoid it as much as possible.



SHARE:

2 comments

  1. Great post! I always take a break and read a lot :)
    XO
    www.lifeofmissg.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this post! I always find having a break always helps me. I've just written a list of my upcoming posts till January and it makes me feel motivated to keep at it so I definitely agree :) Beth | Polishedcouture.com xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments. Love, love, love reading them! :)

© Love Hijab Girl

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig